Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SB Recipe

Green Bean and Squash Salad
Looking for a tasty salad that says summer? Try this quick recipe — perfect for a picnic or a dinner at home!

Green Bean and Squash Salad (Phase 1)

Serves 1

Ingredients
1/2 cup fresh green beans
3 fresh plum tomatoes, sliced
4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Pinch of coarse black pepper
1/4 cup Newman's Own® Parmesan & Roasted Garlic Dressing
1/2 cup yellow squash, cut into slices
1 1/2 ounces fresh basil, chopped

Instructions
Combine all the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Cover. Place in refrigerator to cool for at least 1 hour.

Nutritional Information
300 calories
19 g total fat (5 g sat)
0 mg cholesterol
12 g carbohydrate
16 g protein
3 g fiber
840 mg sodium

1 comment:

Tami Grandi said...

This is the recipe I was trying to post before. It sounded so good. I'm going to a picnic on Sunday and I think I might give it a try. I don't think I have ever had raw green beans though....

Spreading the Spark!

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet