Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation is over

Now that my vacation is over, (I put on 7 pounds while I was away for the 5 weeks) it is time to get back on track. June and July have been tough for me. My cousin died. We grew up together and she is only two years older than me. My best friend from NY lost her husband to bladder cancer last month. Another friend is facing prostrate cancer. I am feeling a little scared now that people my age are beginning to die. I just turned 60 this year. I realize that life is short. We don't know the number of days we will have, but if I can prolong my own life by taking better care of myself, then that is what I plan to do. I joined a fitness gym last week. I met with the trainer and have a program planned out. I had my first real work out on Friday. Whoa! am I feeling it this weekend. I saw a lot of pictures of myself and have taken a really good look in the mirror and I have really got to work on this weight thing. I am carrying around way too much weight and I don't like what I see. I am going to be checking on Tami and I hope she will be checking on me. I am going to the gym that a friend of mine goes to, so I have someone expecting me to be there.I will keep you posted on how I am doing and I will continue to share the things I find on line as I try to get myself in shape.

No comments:

Spreading the Spark!

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet