Monday, September 17, 2007

Today's Report

I only recorded 2.1 miles today. I didn't start using the pedometer until this afternoon. Not a bad report after so many off days. The eating was better until late evening... then I just had to get into the ice cream. It's almost as if I think I earned for some reason.
I watched Dr. Oz on Oprah today. It was good to hear him agree with the Schwarzbein Principle about eating food that is closer to nature. I really think they have something with the idea of eating food that can be gathered, caught, grown or milked. It seems the right way to go. I will be trying to eliminate as many of the foods that contain trans fats, and preservatives. I will be eating protein, good fats, non starchy veggies and good carbs. My goal is to keep my carbs at 15 grams per meal and 7 1/2 grams per snack. This just makes sense to me. Oprah, Dr. Oz and Bob Greene agreed that once sugars and salt are eliminated from your diet, you won't be craving them. (supposedly in a couple of weeks time.)I will keep you posted on how I do. Obviously the ice cream I had tonight will have to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I love Dr. Oz to. As for the icecream, they do have healthier options you can chose from. Just a thought. I know I can't cut it out completely. I love it waaaaay to much. :o)

Spreading the Spark!

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet