Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Just One Found Of Fat

I found this program on a TOPS group's web page. I have not met the person who wrote it. I added my own ideas to it but want give credit to the orignal poster. It was a long time ago and I don't even know if this email is correct but here's where I found it. ( MTNDEW1555@aol.com)

Before I gave this talk at my TOPS meeting I took a one pound can of Crisco and added a little yellow food coloring to it. I heated it up and then let it cool off to simulate one pound of Fat. I passed it around the meeting as I read this. So try to visualize that now as you read further.

"Hello, fellow travelers on this weight loss journey.
Do you know me? If you don't you should. I 'm a pound of fat, and I am the happiest pound of fat that you will ever meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me. I am only one pound of fat. Everyone wants to lose 3, 5, 10, 15 pounds, but never only one pound. So I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then, I add to myself ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to 10, 20, 30 or more pounds in weight. Yes , it's fun being just a pound of fat. Left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound" (As if that were such a terrible thing) For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage your fellow members to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing. And. I love being around you, your arms, legs, chin, hips, thighs and every part of your body. For you see, "I'm Only One Pound Of Fat"

4 comments:

Maria said...

Haha! Great article. It makes me feel so much better that I lost "only" one pound. I felt a little bad initially because I read that everyone lost 3 lbs, 4 lbs, etc. and I thought sheeeesh, I'm eating right, walking, keeping track of my meals and here I am losing only one lb.

Your article gave me a whole different perspective. . .losing one lb is AWESOME.

Hope you have a great day!!

Maria

NormaJ said...

This is a wonderful speech. I never thought of 1 pound like that,
but you are right. If we were to treat each and every one pound as
an unbelieveable success, they would soon amount to those 3,4,10 lbs, which is a giant step to our
goal. I'll look at this an entirely different way from now on.

Tracy.H said...

This is sooo awesome! TFS :0)

Tracy.H said...

This is sooo awesome! TFS :0)

Spreading the Spark!

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet