Saturday, October 6, 2007

Disppointment = bad food choices!

I have been so bummed since yesterday. My DS called and changed the weekend plans.He and friends rented a great place in TN and he wanted us all to come up there instead of them coming here. I passed along the info to my DD and then discussed it with DH. DH does not want to go, DD would rather not travel 6 hours for one overnight with two kids. I felt like I was in the middle. It looked like a great place for all of us to stay... but we aren't going, DD is not coming up and DS did not come here. In DH defense... He is not feeling well ( he sounds like I did when I got sick) DD is still fighting her bronchitis, but would have traveled here ( a three hour drive) if her brother was here. I was so looking forward to having everyone here. When that didn't happen I decided to eat. My usual choice when facing disappointment. Old habits are hard to break.
Friday calories = 2060, 2.0 miles walking
Sat calories = 1180, 2.1 miles walking today.

I didn't keep track of food exchanges. and my calories my not be totally accurate. I guess on some, just didn't want to look them up.
I know I will do better tomorrow, but today I am just having the biggest pity party for myself. :(
Hope you are all doing better than me this weekend.
Gail

2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, geez, what a bummer, Gail. I have to side with your DH on what you described though. You are more forgiving of your DS than I would have been with mine. That's a lot of folks' plans to disrupt just to have a "fun" time. I know my DH would be saying something like, see if I ever make plans with you again for a long while. Sorry, but he (DS) hurt you, so you can tell his highness I'm ticked off at him. LOL As for the food, you caught it in time. Your walking will equalize things, don't worry.

grandmascraps said...

Thanks for your comments. I needed to step back and look at the situation and you and DH were right. DS is the one who changed the plans. Something he is known for doing. I am the peacemaker so I have always tried to make everything OK. Seems I have encouraged this behavoir because I haven't expressed my hurt. (I just stuff it down with food)I am trying to be creative tonight and work on a bunch of swaps I have to get done this month. Have a great rest of today. Again thnks for the kind words.

Spreading the Spark!

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet