Friday, August 24, 2007

Advice????

What do you do about your exercise routine, when you are sick? I feel awful about missing it, but I really don't have the energy to go walking or to Curves. I have a couple of errands that I have to run, but then I am coming home to rest. I am not sleeping well.. and last night I even got up and ate! I never do that, but I was sure I could hear my mom saying "Eat something, you'll feel better" If I keep that up and don't walk or go to the gym... there will be a gain for sure. Help!

3 comments:

Maria said...

You actually burn a bit more calories when you're sick because your body is working out physiologically to combat whatever bug you have so it's important to eat nutritious meals. It's important to rest and conserve your energy and let your body do what it needs to do to get better. Exercise at this time may be counter-productive.

That's my only advise. Hope you feel better soon!

Maria

NormaJ said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Your body is talking to you and needs a rest period while
it fights off the "invader". Give
it a chance and I bet you will find
you have more energy when you are feeling well again. Trying to exercise right now, will only delay
the feeling good period
Norma
Golden Metamorphasis

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you were/are sick. I know it sounds crazy but I try to push myself (a little) to still get a little exercise in, I find that I recover from being sick a little faster if I do.

Spreading the Spark!

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet