Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday AM

I am back from SC, What hot weekend there. We celebrated our oldest grandson's 10th birthday. I walked on Friday, but the rest of the weekend we were pretty quiet, trying to stay cool. I spent a little time in the pool. I can add only 2 miles to my distance for Friday, not enough to count for Sat or Sun. We brought the youngest grandson home with us. He is a very busy 2 year old. I am planning on doing my time at Curves while he is napping. I forgot his stroller so taking him for walks is out of the question.. Besides it is going to be pretty hot here for another couple of days. Glad to have more walkers on this challenge. It is not too late to join us. our goal is to walk 638 miles. in however long it takes you. The important thing is to have a goal in mind and to work towards it. Won't you join us?? Have a great day everyone.

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

I am definitely in with you ladies! I will stick with the 638 miles though. I think it was somethings like 1200 miles from here to Kims house...a little too big a number for me right now!! ;0)

I don't have a pedometer yet, but will use my elliptical which has a distance counter and step counter on it. Thanks for the challenge!!

Maria said...

Hi Gail, we have a new blogget that wants to join in the walking challenge and our unofficial support group. Her name is Lynette and her blog address is called "Living Well 4 Health" and her blog address is www.livingwell4health.blogspot.com

She asked about the specifics of the walking challenge and whether she has to use a pedometer. I told her that I believe we're all using a pedometer. I told her the total miles of 638 but she has her personal goal of 1,000 miles.

Let's all give her a big welcome.

Maria

grandmascraps said...

Glad to have you Lynette, Welcome to the challenge. Just post and let us know how you are doing.

Spreading the Spark!

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet