Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday AM

Good morning fellow walkers and /or dieters. How are you all doing? I am still fighting a cold although I do feel better. My DD's cold has turned into Pneumonia. I have been worried about her. She doesn't take the time to rest that she should when she is sick. (A little hard when you have kids, a full time high pressure job, and now the new puppy.)

I am reading two books at the same time, "You on a Diet" and the "Schwarzbein Principle". both are excellent. I had the Dr. Oz book for some time but the Schwarzbein book was just recommended to me by a friend. It's about healing your metabolism, from years of damaging behaviors, such as low fat and yo-yo dieting. I will share on that one after I finish the whole book. I think the the information in both of these books will be helpful to me.

Dr. Oz's book is a little easier reading, lots of comical comments. He has really cracked me up on some of the pages. Here is my contribution from his book today:

Why can't I lose weight? It's the all time big question facing many of us. According to Dr. Oz, our bodies have more systems that allow us to gain weight than lose it. In his book he promises to teach us how to reprogram our bodies to work the way they are supposed to. So that we eat to satisfy and to fuel rather than console or excite.

Dr. Oz Tips:
1.Don't eat foods that have any of the following listed as one of the first five ingredients:
* Simple sugars
* Enriched, bleached, or refined flour (this means it's stripped of its nutrients)
* HFCS (high fructose corn syrup)
2. Choose unsaturated over saturated fats.
3. Don't confuse thirst with hunger.
4. Avoid the alcohol binge
5. Watch your carbs
6. Stay-Va-Va-Va Voom satisfied. (pg 49 in his book)
7. Manage your hormonal surges. have on hand a few of the things that can satisfy you when cravings hit...V-8 juice, handful of nuts, pieces of fruit, or even guacamole.

Have a good day. Read some labels today!
Gail

2 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you for sharing the tip from the Dr. Oz book. I love watching him on Oprah!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Maria

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. I have the, YOU: the owners manual book and loved it.

Spreading the Spark!

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet