Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Weigh-in Tonight

I had no change in weight this week at my TOPS meeting tonight. Sure am glad I saw the 5 inches lost at Curves this week. I guess I must be building muscle and that is why I had no loss this week.
We had a great meeting. Five new members joined. I couldn't believe it. I will have to be on my toes as the leader so that I can encourage all the members. One thing we do at each meeting. The person who lost the most since the last weigh in gets to pick a food we should avoid and one we should include in our diet this week. We have to cut our salt intake in half and eat cooked dry beans. I don't know if that will be good for me. I am not a big salt user and I don't think I have ever cooked dry beans. Does anyone have a recipe that would be good to try?
I did get in some walking today as I did my volunteer work at Hospice and out TOPS meeting tonight. 5,780 steps and that translated to 2.4 miles on my pedometer. How did you do today Kim? Anyone else going to join in the walking challenge? Have you checked out what Maria's challenge is this week. I think I would like to participate in that. Hope yo all have a good day tomorrow.
Gail

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your way ahead of me and I think my competitive side is about to come out! Good job! Thanks for this challenge!
Kim

Maria said...

I'll join in your 638 mile challenge. What is the deadline for this challenge? I have a pedometer. . ..I just need to figure out how to use it. I'll pull out the instructions and let you know. These challenges are great! Thanks for posting it!

Maria

Spreading the Spark!

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet